- Full Release Date: Feburary 3, 2023
- Early Access Release Date: Mar 9, 2018
- Development Start Date: September 2016
- Price: $19.99
- Platforms: Windows
- Languages: English
- Stores: Itch.io, Steam
- Developer: Josh Penn-Pierson
- Inquiries: email@example.com
- Website: TheTrueSlimeKing.com
- Youtube: thetrueslimeking
- Twitter: trueslimeking
- Facebook: thetrueslimeking
- Reddit: /r/thetrueslimeking
An evil presence has emerged in the kingdom… but is it you or is it them? Play as a fallen king and somewhat immortal slime to conquer an onslaught of obstacles and puzzles in a quest to reclaim your fallen kingdoms. Smooth and simple controls for the ultimate experience in 2D precision platforming!
Can you master a vibrant and diverse domain to reclaim your title as The True Slime King? Slide, jump, stick, and splat your way through this challenging platformer in the ultimate test of mind and dexterity. With a focus on tight controls and lovingly crafted levels, you’ll constantly find yourself pushing the edge of what you thought was possible. And don't worry, though death lurks around every corner, you'll respawn fast to learn from your mistakes. Rediscover the mastery within yourself to once again prove you are the rightful king.
- Simple and tight controls (left, right, jump) with immense depth to master. You’ll wish every platformer felt this good to play.
- Explore a beautifully hand-crafted Story Mode with a vast overworld and 135 puzzle-filled levels, building up to unforgettable boss battles. Plenty of hard-to-reach bonus goo and hidden items to help increase your death count (just in case you felt like you weren't dying enough).
- Get creative with the in-game level editor and community level exchange! Show off your level crafting skills to the world, or simply race for the fastest times on the other people’s levels.
- 1.5 hours of jammin’ soundtrack music built to match the vibrant pixel art world.
Download full screenshot ZIP pack. Sizes: 1536x1024 (4.5MB) or 768x512 (2.9MB)
Download full key art ZIP pack (1.3MB)
Download full logo ZIP pack (115KB)
About Josh Penn-Pierson
I've been making small games since 2007. In September 2016, I started working on what is now The True Slime King. This is my first large video game project, and it combines many of my passions: creating engaging puzzles, music composition, pixel art, programming. Read about my design philosophy on the Design page.
As a solo developer, I've poured myself into this game, and I love this game. Since the game's conception in 2016, into the early access launch in 2018, and on to the full release in 2023, I've strived to make this game into the ultimate 2D precision puzzle platforming experience that I always wanted. I'm very proud to say that it meets all my criteria, so I hope other people find the same enjoyment in it that I do. I'm very glad I took the time to polish things up and add content throughout the 5 years of early access. During that time, I was able to add in the level editor and quick play level exchange to allow the community to create, share, and play custom levels. Because of this, I've had a blast regularly recording myself playing these levels and upload them to The True Slime King Youtube Channel.
If the game gains enough support, I would like to add a second half to the story as a new game plus mode (corrupt mode) which will double the story mode content with harder challenges and puzzles. I haven't decided exactly what the sales milestone would look like for me to be able to find the time to do that, but I very much would love to reach that goal!
- 2016-09-21: Start of game development
- 2018-03-09: Early access release
- 2023-02-03: Full release